Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ode to a glass bead



This is the most beautiful bead I've ever made so far........loved it all along...even as I was making it....it was inspired by an artist in "1000 Glass beads"....I just had to make it....and thankfully,it all got done the way it should have.....with a treat from God:)!....look at the gorgeous gravity swirls all around the bead....and I kept my fingers crossed....as I kept it in the fibre blanket to cool...hoping I wdn't find it cracked when I pulled it out....went to check it out after two hours...thought it had cooled well enough.....turned it around.....feeling really proud of myself...and happy that i actually did get this far.....took two pics...and it started cracking( what's the right term...I know thermal shock caused it...and now,I'm wiser for life about letting big beads cool in their own time....may it's soul rest in peace....and be it blessed for the joy it brought unto me!Amen:)!